The Allegro Wiki is migrating to github at https://github.com/liballeg/allegro_wiki/wiki
Allegro (IRC Bot)
From Allegro Wiki
Allegro, the IRC Bot, is one of the primary channel bots for #allegro.
- Channel bridging - If a user asks a question in #allegro-support, the question will automatically be reposted to #allegro, to allow those who don't idle in #allegro-support to see the question.
- Quote database - By typing "?? word", Allegro will look up "word" in a quote database, giving the results to the channel. The quote database has all of the Allegro API in it. It is also accessible through the web.
- Allegro quick reference - By typing "@@ word", Allegro will look up "word" in the Allegro API, showing your the function's prototype.
- User tracking - By typing "seen pattern", Allegro will look up the pattern in its list of users, showing the last time the user was seen. % is a wild card, so for instance "seen %baf%" will look up any user with "baf" anywhere in the name.
- User tracking - Additionally, by typing "firstseen pattern", Allegro will look up the pattern in its list of users, showing the first time the user was seen.
- Pinging - By typing "ping nick", Allegro will send a ping to that nick, reporting the lag perceived. You can substitute "me" for the nick, to have Allegro ping you.
- MinorHack announcements - Allegro will count down to the next MinorHack competition, and announce the rule to the channel.
- Karma tracking - Allegro will notice when you write "word++" or "word--" on its own line, and record it in a karma database. To query the sum total of a word, type "!karma word".