The Allegro Wiki is migrating to github at https://github.com/liballeg/allegro_wiki/wiki
Allegro Hack Day/2007 July 07
From Allegro Wiki
- Multi monitor support?
- Methods to get the number of monitors?
- Methods to get the size and position of each monitor?
- How to assign a AL_DISPLAY to a specific monitor in fullscreen?
- Support a real fullscreen AL_DISPLAY that spans monitors, which the user can then figure out where to draw with the size/position api for monitors?
- note: Technically X currently supports separate depths on each monitor, but that's changing with XRandR 1.2 and the new multi monitor stuff, so we may want to figure out if we can assume the same depth for all monitors or not?
- al_draw_bitmap instead of al_blit?
- flags parameter at the end instead of flag parameter at the beginning?
- blending/lighting: should we just copy glBlendFunc?
- bitmap scaling, rotating: restricted to full-integer-pixels? Maybe should use float/double parameters instead
- if we do the previous, maybe float/double would be best for all drawing primitives. or maybe have two version: al_line and al_line_f (for fractional pixel position)
- OS X universal build - a gcc wrapper script would provide better backward compatibility
- MSVC project files - should be completed before meeting
API in general
- AL_ prefixes clash with OpenAL (al_ is fine though)
- signed vs. unsigned types
- Should we discourage use of structure internals?
Allegro 4.2.2 RC
- Problems with DMC port with al_find* functions