The Allegro Wiki is migrating to github at https://github.com/liballeg/allegro_wiki/wiki
Wrapping up Allegro How-TO. Based on the 4.0.3 release.
The following steps must be done under Linux. Make sure you have the necessary software installed.
1. Update your local CVS copy:
cvs -z3 update -r allegro_4_0_branch -Pd
Look over file tree and remove any temporary files.
2. Create ChangeLog:
cvs2cl.pl -F allegro_4_0_branch -l '-d">2002-03-17"'
where 2002-03-17 is the date of the latest release.
Use the generated ChangeLog file to update the docs/changes._tx and docs/thanks._tx files. Remove the ChangeLog file after use or move it to some other place.
3. Commit docs/changes._tx and docs/thanks._tx to the CVS repository.
4. Update the DLL symbol definitions:
- only* for WIP releases: rm misc/dllsyms.lst
chmod +x misc/fixdll.sh [problem in the CVS repository] misc/fixdll.sh --update-symbol-list
5. Commit misc/dllsyms.lst to the CVS repository.
6. Tag CVS repository: 'cvs tag v4-0-3'
7. Set the locale to en_US or en_UK:
8. Fix version number: 'misc/fixver.sh 4 0 3'
9. Make sure demo.dat is present in the 'demo' sub-directory.
10. Make sure the working directory is called 'allegro'.
11. Make sure the installed version of GNU autoconf is the right one.
12. Make .zip distro. Have the previous archive in parent directory.
misc/zipup.sh all403.zip all402.zip
13. Make Unix distros. In the parent directory:
14. Check that the RPM file can be installed and compiled without problems.
Also check if the patch applies ok. (all403_diff.zip)
15. Use misc/zipwin.sh to make Windows binary distro. This script must
be run under djgpp Bash having MSVC installed. If you do not have these installed, create a new windows binary distro based on the old one, update all text files and scripts and update the dlls with some you make with mingw32 using the newly created .zip distro. (all403.zip)
16. Upload all packages to Sourceforge using the FRS (File Release
System). Use CHANGES as the basis for the release notes.
17. Announce the new release to the Allegro mailinglist:
<email@example.com>, make sure you add URLs to both the Allegro homepage and the Allegro sourceforge download page. Also include the release notes and anything else you wish to add.
18. Ask the webmaster to update the Allegro homepage.
For the moment this is Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz.
19. Convert local files back to Unix format, bump version number,
and commit changed files. ./fix.sh unix misc/fixver.sh 4 0 4 CVS cvs -z3 commit -m "Bumped version to 4.0.4 (CVS)"
By: Henrik Stokseth, October, 2001. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Modified by: Eric Botcazou, April 2003. E-mail:email@example.com